Thursday, January 8, 2009
So it's 4am and I am wide awake as I continue to fight the pain in my belly. It's not horrible pain...but it's still pain none the less. The lump at my belly button (which by the way is smaller than it was...good thing) they think is a cyst which has something to do with the umbilical cord...blah blah blah....who understands anything medical anyway. If I want they will do an ultrasound to check it out...so why not...I'm doing it... but I should have asked them to just look around at everything...what's it hurt. Just like when they checked out my gallbladder with the ultrasound....well...they just looked at the gallbladder...even then I thought....why don't they just check it all out while they are there! They haven't called me back to tell me when it is...maybe i'll ask them if they need special permission to just look at the entire abdominal area or if I can just ask her while I'm there. Although... it seems an ultrasound doesn't always pick up on all things! Tomorrow morning I go in to get my blood drawn for some blood work. I'm hoping that I am worrying about this more than I need to. I find that usually when I worry it turns out to be nothing and when I don't worry it usually ends up slapping me in the face. Which brings me to my mom. They found a small lump in one of her breast....she's not really worried...and for some reason I'm not overly worried either.... maybe I should start worrying about that!!!! She has an appt. next week to see a doctor so they can set up her biopsy. I sure hope it all goes well and it turns out to be nothing at all... I guess the good thing is that it is a very small lump and they even asked her if she just wanted to wait 6 months and see what happens.... now come on...who wants to do that! Anyway... I think I hear the pitter patter of little feet upstairs....guess I better go and see which one is up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dang girl! You've got a lot going on! Man, I hope all goes well with your mom.....and you too of course! You've really had a rough time since....well since I found you again! Wish there was something I could do. You know you can call me ANYTIME just to talk about worries - or anything for that matter. You've been one of my best friends since...well forever and I'll always be here for you. I'm not gonna sell chocolate though ;)
Post a Comment