Monday, January 5, 2009

For the past couple of days now my little man has been obsessed with this stuffed bear that belonged to my Grandma Bates while she was in the nursing home. When she passed away I brought it home with me... I believe that I had given it to her...not really sure now. But anyway, Brock is sleeping with it and has named him Beary.... and for some reason I just love the fact that he has become so attached to it. When I told him that it belonged to my grandma he said that he already knew that...not sure how.... and he wanted to see a picture of her. It was the middle of the night so I told him I would show him in the morning. The next morning I got a picture out of her and well... he just said she looked old.... not really the best complement... but I guess he wasn't lying. Anway, he said that since she wasn't around anymore that he would just take care of Beary for her. O' how I bet grandma Bates would have just loved Brock!!!!
And my big girl Raegan... it blows my mind away...the girl is on her 4th Junie B. Jones book...they are chapter books...what the heck... it seems it was just a few months ago that she couldn't read at all!!!!! She is such a book worm. This morning she woke up....threw her clothes on...brushed her teeth and when she came in my room I was in shock...I said are you excited to be going back to school and that's why you are already dressed and ready to go....she said "no"....she just wanted to have enough time before school to read. She must get that reading thing from her dad because unfortunately it's not really from me... not that much anyway!

No comments: