Today I spent the day at Raegan and Brock's school helping out! They had a teacher appreciation day for the staff and took them to an "unknown" place to have a special day out of the classroom. It was a much deserved day I'm sure. One thing that I learned from my day was that I for sure was NEVER meant to be a teacher. I'm not sure you could pay me a million dollars to put up with those kids everyday. I do realize that they were all a little on the hyper side...with it being basically a "play day"....but I'm telling you what.... I just about lost my voice yelling at them all. One other thing that I realized today to was that my kids really are not bad kids at all. We all know that Raegan follows the rules all the time...but even Brock was a good boy. I joke around alot about Brock being the "wild child" and so forth...and he is a bit wild. But when it really counts...when he is at school or in certain situations he's actually a pretty good kid. He's not the kid pushing and shoving others... or ever causing trouble. Now he may talk alot at times and when he gets excited he's sometimes hard to calm down....but really for the most party he's a good boy and I was so proud of him for hanging in there with me today. His class gets out at 11:30 but he stayed at the school with me all afternoon and was definately one of the better kids there!!! There were a couple of those kids that would NEVER want to come live in my house....because they frankly would probably be beat. One boy in particular....that kid needs some sort of guidance because he even got me angry!!! And usually I stay pretty calm. But seriously....enough was enough for me with this kid. He spent all of recess pushing around kids smaller than him....that just doesn't happen in my world and he spent most of the time sitting on the bleachers. Pretty sad too....he was one of the older kids. I would think by his age you shouldn't have to put them in "time-out". It is a private school....where they are allowed to actually spank your children if necessary.... I was on the edge of taking advantage of that rule!!!! My limit came when he pushed a kindergarten girl on the floor knocking her head on the gym floor....that's when I wanted to knock the crap out of him.... Yeah...let's give the little girl a concussion....you know...because her family doesn't have anything else to worry about .... o'... except for her mother battling cancer!!!! Little shithead! Okay...enough about that!
Anyway, one nice thing about today that happened while we were watching a movie. There were 3 parents helping and they were told that if they needed to get up and go to the bathroom they were to come and tell one of us. Well, all the kids there kept coming up to me and asking me if they could use the bathroom. For some reason Raegan just seemed thrilled with all of this. She would look at me and say "all the kids are coming to tell you that they need to go to the bathroom because they all know you" and she would just get this big grin on her face. She just seemed so happy to have me there. It was actually a really nice feeling. That's one thing with Miss Raegan.... I can always tell that she does truely appreciate me and the things that I do for her....even just things like fixing her dinner...getting her bath ready...or getting her clothes ready for her. She always thanks me and tells me how much she loves me. You can't hardly beat that! Makes me realize that staying home with the kids really is a good thing. Because honestly, it does sometimes get hard. But I do think it's worth it all.... for me and for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment