Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Well Christmas is over....Raegan's birthday is over....and it seems that all that planning and excitement seems to come and go so quickly.  I just can't believe how time can fly by so fast.  We've been pretty busy over the month of December.  We've had Brent's birthday... Christmas programs... Sunday School Christmas program....school parties.... Raegan's birthday ... and of course CHRISTmas!!!!  I love love love Christmas and except for the cold and snow that sometimes comes with it....it is my absolutely favorite day of the year!  The kids had a great day and seemed to love all their "prizes".  Now to get through NewYears.  We never do anything for New Year's Eve anymore...which is fine with me.  Tomorrow sounds like we will be watching Brent's favorite Iowa State play in a bowl game.  I think that will probably the highlight for our New Years!  I can't even stand the thought of taking down the Christmas decorations just yet.  It takes so much time to put up and then it feels like you have to turn right around and take it all down again.  Not to mention the fact that I think the house looks better with all the trees and lights!!!!  I think we should all keep the decorations up until June!  But that's just me.  I suppose I will keep them up a little longer this year since Brent's family will be down here the second week of Jan. to do our Christmas with them.   They always spend Christmas in Nevada with his sister and we usually do Christmas before they leave.  This year it just didn't work out that way.  And actually I think doing it later like this works out so much better.  It seems so hectic before that doing it later almost makes it enjoyable. 
     I've never really believed in New Year's resolutions but I think that this year I'm going to have to make an exception.  I've gained 20 pounds since the first of the year.  I hate it so much and it all seemed to pack on at once.... every since my gallbladder surgery.  Anyway, I'm really hoping to really really really make an effort to lose the weight....write everything down and exercise more.  I want to know that I've done everything I can to lose the weight....and if that doesn't work well then...maybe back to the doctor.  I sure hope I can do it.  My biggest problem is staying away from the sweets.....I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to sugar...I just can't hardly go a day without having something sweet.  We will see how it goes! 
     On a side note.....my little buddy Brock just fell asleep on my shoulder as I'm typing this.  I just knew he was exhausted!!!  We went to Rushville this afternoon to see my neice and nephew Ricky and Illyssa.  We were just there for a couple hours but it is always good to see them.  It's so crazy that they are all grown up.... and even worse that Ricky is married and expecting a baby in March.  Seems to me he should still be wearing diapers!  O'well...I guess they ALL have to grow up sometime! 
     I hope everyone out there had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all a very Healthy and Happy 2010. 


Raegans 2nd grade class



Raegan and Lauren working on all their snacks for their party!



Brock eating all his treats at his Christmas party ... I had to run back and forth between the classrooms so that I could be at both parties!


Brock and his classmates getting ready to open their presents!


Brock looks so cute in his beard.  This is at church Sunday School program.  Brock as a wise man...not sure about this one!  But he's darn cute! 



Raegan at the Sunday School program....she got to carry in the Star. 



I almost forgot about Christmas caroling.  Raegan was so wanting to go and I was so happy when they announced at church that anyone of any age was welcome to go caroling...usually it's just the older kids.  It was alot of fun and the kids had a great time!  It really was fun!





Brock's Christmas program (Preschool classes - Kindergarten)  Singing on stage isn't really Brock's thing!!!


Raegan however LOVES to be on stage and sing.  In fact, she is even doing short little solos at church.... most of the kids do them but just never thought Raegan would...she's so shy....but not when you put her on that stage.  Here she is...with 3 other girls.... doing sign language for one of the songs!



Dad's birthday!


Pics of Christmas morning to follow soon!  Happy New Year!

No comments: