Hopefully, someday my children will really know how much they mean to me. And hopefully, they will look back on their childhood as a good experience. Not everyone is blessed with that feeling. I hope that I am raising my children better than my parents raised me... and that my children will do a better job of raising their own than I have done with them. I feel fortunate that my kids get to do and see as much as they do. I didn't even fly on a plane until I was grown. My own children are already "pros" at it. Except that Brock still doesn't quite understand that the plane leaves the ground and comes back down to the ground.... he thinks his Aunt Krista lives in the sky. Funny kid!!!
No matter how you look at it.... life is a funny thing.... and everything seems to go in cycles. There was a time when all that was going on around me was people getting married... then they were all having babies.... and now.... all those babies are starting to get older. I hate to think that soon all those babies will be having babies of their own... I'm sure it will be here before I know it.
Anyway, this weekend the husband had a rifle match just west of St. Louis. So this time the kids and I decided to tag along. Saturday we dropped him off at the range and decided to head into St. Louis to The Magic House. I haven't been there for many many years ... but I just knew the kids would enjoy it. They had a great time and actually wanted to go back the next day. I told them we would head back down after they finish all their construction... who knows when that will be but it at least got them to stop asking.
Pictures from The Magic House in St. Louis
A boy and his bug!!!!!
Helping daddy with his shooting..... can you imagine what that nasty Rosie O'Donnell would have to say about these pictures!!!!
2 comments:
I know exactly what you mean by time flying by. My oldest is a 6th grader. I can't possibly be old enough for that! I just try to ejoy the boys but some days I have to be reminded to chill! Funny we were in St. Louis over the weekend, too. We were at the Transportaion Museum with my family. We need to get together sometime with the kids.
I needed to hear that! I have 3 wonderful boys and sometimes all I think about is wanting more. I just love the idea of a big family but Mark feels we need to give the 3 we have all we've got instead of bringing more into the world. (He's right of course)
With the boys ALWAYS having their friends here it sure feels like I have 6 or 8 kids. Guess I'll just enjoy that. :) It's not getting what you want - It's wanting what you have! Well, it's 11 am and my house is already filling up with neighbor kids - better start making some snacks!
I liked your pictures - I had forgot about that place in St. Louis. Glad your kiddos enjoyed it.
Post a Comment