Cancer sucks donkey nuts.........
So here is a picture of me and my dad when I was just an little tot...obviously! A couple years back dad went through breast cancer...surgery...radiation...chemo...the whole deal. And he made it through like a champ! But as we all know too well that shit just doesn't go away!! I believe they just buy you time with filling your body full of toxins! Well we just recently learned that his cancer is back but this time it's in his bones and a spot on his lung. So the long and short of it is ... stage 4...no chance of survival. So...course of action in short is too keep him comfortable and he is taking chemo pills to I guess prolong things. He had some trouble with the first round...ended up in the hospital with some serious "pooping" issues and just generally feeling like shit. So he decided to give another round a try but if he is terribly ill like before he wasn't going to do any more. So far this round is going well. And actually he has decided to do one week on and then one week off to give himself a break. He is doing pretty well considering everything. He sleeps ALOT! And has pretty much just been sitting around waiting for the boys to start playing football. He seems to live just to watch the three kids play sports!! So...two weeks away and he will at least have some games to go to! Not too many but a few anyway! Things don't really bother me until I see him sick...then the tears come. I'm not use to seeing him be sick and weak. That is certainly far from what he is and what I'm use to! Most days however, I just live in denial...it's peaceful here! I'm not sure what else you can do! My mother is ...well...kind of a scatterbrain and the whole thing has probably been worse for her than even for my dad. He is a realist and he is just preparing...my mom on the other hand can barely function some days! But like so many other people we will get through it all!

No comments:
Post a Comment