Just a pic of what I looked at most of the time! : )
Brent heading out to sea to go fishing...it's still dark out!!
And yes...a very up close pic of a coast guard helicopter.... there were several....hench the "different" deep sea fishing experience...all I can say however is that I was glad we were on our boat and not the other boat that was out there. We headed out at 5:30am (Brent wanted to leave at 2:30am...I vetoed that idea and glad I did!!) So anyway, we head out and one of the captains of the boat comes down and says that we are going to do things a little different today...we are going to speed out to our fishing site and then put our lines in...instead of trolling all the way out. Well...fine with us...what do we care! So they take off.... hammer down you would say! We are headed just off the coast of Lanai...actually a place we have fished before ... I think where I caught a striped marlin (yes..the only fish I've gotten). Anyway, a few minutes later he comes back down and says "hey...I want to level with you... a buddy of ours ... the captain of another fishing boat.... has gone overboard and we are going to go out and look for him...I'm so sorry... but we will put lines out while we are looking but we wanted you to know"....yeah really....talk about a surreal moment... cause I'm pretty sure NO ONE was too interested in fishing at that moment. So we go out....drive around for 3 hours looking.... while watching the helicopters search as well...just feeling sick and terrible and hoping for a miracle. Well...after the 3 hours they get word that the helicopter had found him... yes...unfortunately not alive. He was only like 46 with 2 little kids. It just made me sad...I even cried...behind the sunglasses of course! So then... the crew took us fishing...just wasn't the same! And I was just ready to go home.... well... especially since I started throwing up...over and over and over again... for like 4 hours! I heard one guy say "I bet if we gave them more money they would take us out longer"... I looked at my husband and told him that if he gave them money I swear I would kill him... I was so sick I don't think I was joking! : ) Well... maybe...just trying to get my point across!!
Anyway, interesting trip anyway...never did hear what happened to him exactly...they weren't even sure when he went off the boat...it was dark...he was up top by himself... don't know if it was a heart attack... slipped (which seems hard to believe) or what! Anyway...sad is all I can say!
Here's a picture of Steve Lambert...the fishing captain! So sad...may he rest in peace!
On a brighter note.....
This is Raegan's prize winning Valentines Day box....she wanted to win SOOO bad and thank goodness she did!!! She is a cute little robot don't ya think!!?? Her back opens up (like it's the battery compartment) so that the kids could put their valentines in!



No comments:
Post a Comment