Thursday, November 19, 2009

Nursing Home Visit

This morning I got to go with Brock's kindergarten class out to the nursing home for a little visit and tour.  I always love these trips out to the nursing home.  The residents there just light up when these see all those little kids walking through the halls.  They usually sing a few little songs to them and they just all love it so much.  Makes you just wonder what they are all thinking about watching those little ones.  Some probably just wonder where the time went.  I know I already wonder that...seems like just yesterday my kids were babies.  They are growing up so fast I can hardly even believe it.  I feel very fortunate when I get to go on one of these little trips with them.  And it is so nice because I know that they actually love having me there.  Guess I better enjoy that while I can!!! 
Raegan is very excited that she will soon be starting in Girl Scouts.  That is as soon as her mother the new Leader gets things moving along.  I will be starting a new troop here and it sounds like it will be very interesting... and might be just a little bit of work.  I think I better try and plan my meetings two at a time so I can stay ahead and I'm not rushing at the last minute...I'm really good at waiting until the last minute!!!!  I so hope there are a few parents that are willing to be involved.  It really sounds like it could be fun if you have the right troop.  One troop close to us raised enough money to go on a trip to Disney World....not that's the kind of troop I want!!!  How cool would that be!  Anyway, we shall see how it all goes!  Hopefully well!!! 
Anyway, here's a few photos from the nursing home trip!  The kids had a great time!


Brock and the other kids singing a song.

The whole class singing.


The kids petting the bunnies...they loved all the animals that were hanging around.  They thought it was pretty cool that there were cats and dogs just walking around the nursing home. 

No comments: