I can't even believe that my baby girl is 7 years old already... it seems like yesterday that she was just a little tiny baby sleeping in my arms... now I can't even pick her up anymore. The poor girl always seems to get the raw end of the deal with her birthday being the day after Christmas. But we do our best to try and make it special. Last year was hard to beat for Rae.... she had her entire class over after school for a party... fun for her? Yes! For mom...not so much! They were CRAZY... it was nuts and I swear I will never do that one again... at least not the entire class... in my house.... I mean really...she had 18 kids in her class. Thank God for her teacher who showed up to help...she knew I would need it and she was SOOOOO right! That woman is a saint anyway... and she really proved it to me that day!!!! Thank God for Mrs. Courson.... I love that woman!!! Anyway, this year we just took Raegan out for her birthday. Dad left work early and we headed to Springfield to Kicks to play games and eat. The kids had a good time so I guess that's all that matters! Then on Saturday we were going to my mom and dad's anyway for Christmas so I put together a poor excuse of a birthday cake and we did a quick little birthday for her there. Good thing with Raegan is she never seems disappointed with anything... she takes most things in stride and doesn't usually complain. So anyway... I guess I survived this birthday... it was a tough one for me. 7 seems so old... 6 was easier...it still sounded young. But 7... I don't know... she seems to be growing up so fast... like I've said before... people tell you that happens but until you see it for yourself you really don't understand.

This is the oldest picture I have of Raegan on my computer... she is two.... almost three here... but you can see how much she has grown even from this time... it's so sad but so good at the same time!

Raegan with Grandma Bonnie with her new Madame Alexander doll that my mom gives her every year on her birthday. Raegan looks forward to getting it and I think it is exciting to her because she knows its coming.

All the cousins gathered around to watch Raegan blow out her candles.

Raegan with her cake that I made.... I usually always make a great cake for their birthdays...this year was kind of a sad one... but she did like it.... anything with Hannah Montana on it she likes!

Dad and Brock playing games!

Raegan with ALL her tickets... that's the best part of playing those silly games you know!

Raegan got really good at this game!!!! I couldn't even count how many times she played it!

Brock boxing....what a hoot that was!

Brother and sister on her birthday! They are so cute together!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Raegan!! Sorry I missed it. I know what you mean Mindy, Alex and Ethan are turning 11 and 8 this month!!!!!
I guess i didn't know her birthday was the day after Christmas...what a bummer. As usual though, you made it special - You're such an awesome mom!
Post a Comment